November Ski Patrol Updates (no meeting this month):
Leadership decided due to the extra strain of the OEC class weekly on instructors and the fact we don’t have too much to share this month, we would send out a November Patrol Announcement to keep everyone in the loop about what is going on with BMNSP.
OEC Update: In from Lin (Patrol Mom and OEC Captain of the Guard this year) ~ We are in the final stretches with our amazing OEC class and students.
- Support the OEC course – come to ….
- Field Day, Nov. 4, Sunshine Station 1 (311 County Rd. 83, Boulder, CO 80302) 9:00 – 3:00
- Contact Lin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final Practice, Nov. 18, 9:00 – 3:00
- Final Practical test, Nov. 19
- Contact Kelly Kelly.McDevitt@uchealth.org
AVY Class: Instructors and help need for Avy Level 1. As long as you have taken the Level 1 course, you can help…
Lecture : Dec 4, 11
Beacon Practice: Dec 6, 13
Field Days: Jan 6,7
Please contact Cindy if you are available to help.
- If your browser takes you to the old site, clear your cache by clicking cmd+shift+r and try again
- We just moved the site to bmnsp.org and are working through some bugs, please bare with us. *note: as we work on this, please omit the “www.” before the site address; if you are still having problems, try in another browser
- Explore the website! More updates are being made to it frequently
- Go to the “Members” tab on the top menu and select “Sign Up For Duty Days”
- This will take you to the sign-up genius page to sign up! Instructions to sign up are listed here.
- Here, simply select “sign-up” on the day you would like to patrol and select your location. If you will be the hill lead, enter it in the comments. You will be prompted to enter your email.
- Sign-Up genius will send you a CONFIRMATION EMAIL! From this email you can cancel or change days you signed up for. You will also get a reminder email a couple of days before you are signed up.
- In order to view important/useful documents such as Brainard/Forest Service agreements and info on how to access the cache, etc., go to the “Members” tab, hover over “Resource Library” and select “Front Range Backcountry Patrol Resources”
- The documents are password protected and the password is the old standard. Email email@example.com if you are a member and need the password.
- From here you can select and view or download any documents you’d like
- Can’t remember when the next patrol meeting or refresher is? View it on the calendar! Simply select “calendar” from the top menu and you can see everything upcoming and past.
- Did you miss a patrol meeting? You can view the meeting minutes via the calendar event OR by selecting “news” from the calendar tab.
- You can do all of this from a mobile device! (even viewing documents when you are on the go).
Any questions, feel free to email me at our fancy new gmail associated with the website, firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will work to solve all of your problems as quickly as I can, or at least try for a bit and then reach out to someone with more website brains than myself. Cheers, Kelly
Front Range: Patrol (Bear will begin reports once we get more snow)
Devil’s Thumb: (Waiting on snow)