BMNSP Meeting Agenda for September 6, 2018 Vær best !!!
|Welcome to Patrollers||Introductions of all, including Transfer and Candidate Patrollers|
|Patrol Director/Rep||Goals for this ski season|
|Mountain Travel and Rescue|
|Front Range Backcountry|
|Devils Thumb Ranch|
|Nordic GNAR||Overview, Goal, Discussion, Finalization|
Proposed NordicGNAR Category list: (You need to patrol 3 days for your points to count, you can accumulate points in categories before your 3 days are done, but you must get the 3 days.)
- Patrolling (including Avy Class) 5+ plus days: points
- Patrol Tommelfest: points
- Patrol Stagecoach: points
- Patrol Ranch to Ranch: points
- Patrol with a new-patroller/veteran-patroller (10+ years) patroller: points
- Cook own warm breakfast outside before patrolling/Avy Class/MTR Class: points
- Picnic with other patrollers outside on patrol day: points
- Attend National Day: points
- Participate in a ski race/tour: points
- Participate in a hut trip or ski an abandoned ski area: points
- Randomly run into other patroller in environment outside context of on-hill-patrolling: points
- Ski outside Colorado or USA: points
- Infinity points: Get 1, 2, 3, 4 you get infinity points. (Also, any 11-year-old will tell you that “infinity plus 1” is a number, so…getting infinity won’t dis-incentivize continued participation).
- Sign-up for duty days by November 15, midnight: points
- Attend NSP Women’s Clinic, Powderfall other NSP Seminars, CSAW: points
- Unpredicted and unpredictable events or incidents: by nomination of peer … “so-and-so was involved in this event and deserves Nordic GNAR points as a result.” This aims to re-ignite Heroes of Telemark prize-worthy event. Potentially, the better the written description, the more points!
- Decision on points-per-item.
- NordicGNAR t-shirt design, vendor selection, communication to Patrol
- Management of NordicGNAR ‘points’ àKelly Greene has volunteered.
- Selection of winners coffee-mug.
I’d turn this NordicGNAR Category list into poster-board size and put it on the patrol walls at DTR with patroller names on rows with each NordicGNAR Category in column across the top. Points are recorded on the board via tally-marks, and only assigned person(s) update the boards. Recorder-person would also likely have a spreadsheet to track. I’d need 1 person to communicate/organize the week-to-week scoring.
Logistics: I’d want to keep this information current via email, to a central person to track and update. I’d ask that email “Subject” for this will need to include NordicGNAR and not BMNSP so that we don’t mix “social/silly” with “operational communications”. Also, I figure this would end up on the Facebook feed.
2018-2019 Patrol Calendar
- Patrol Meetingon September 6, 2018 6:30 pm
- Patrol Meetingon October 4, 2018 7:00 pm
- CSAWon October 5, 2018
- OEC Instructor Pre-Meetingon October 18, 2018 6:00 pm
- Instructor OEC Refresheron October 26, 2018 6:00 pm
- OEC REFRESHERon November 3, 2018
- OTH REFRESHER – DTRon November 10, 2018
- AVY LEVEL 1 Classon December 3, 2018 6:00 pm
- AVY LEVEL 1 Beacon Practice Nighton December 5, 2018 6:00 pm
- Patrol Meeting – SnowBall!on December 6, 2018 6:00 pm
- Front Range OTH Refresheron December 8, 2018 9:00 am
- AVY LEVEL 1 Classon December 10, 2018 6:00 pm
- AVY LEVEL 1 Beacon Practice Nighton December 12, 2018 6:00 pm
- Patrol Meetingon January 3, 2019 7:00 pm
- AVY Level 1, Field Day #1on January 5, 2019
- AVY Level 1, Field Day #2on January 6, 2019
- Stage Coach Race & Nordic Skills Clinics Weekendon January 18, 2019
- Patrol Meetingon February 7, 2019 9:00 pm
- Patrol Meetingon March 7, 2019 7:00 pm
- CE for MTR/Clinic for Instructorson March 23, 2019
- Patrol Meetingon April 4, 2019 7:00 pm
- MTR Level 1, Day 1on April 6, 2019
- MTR Level 1, Day 2on April 7, 2019